1. What did you do in 2016 that you’d never done before?
Started working in a reception hall, I dig it. Much different than my usual culinary adventures (in the best kind of way).
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I feel that new years resolutions are pointless. There’s no reason that anyone should wait until the new year to grow, change, be a better person etc. Everyday is an a new opportunity for change.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not close to me per se but a lot of people in my social media circles have given birth to a bunch of beautiful babies!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not this year, which is a nice change.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2017 that you lacked in 2016?
Better focus, a better memory, less stress.
7. What dates from 2016 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
October 8th, the day we said I do!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Passing my French course (did it by the skin of my teeth but I did it!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Letting toxic people get the best of me.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yes. My depression and anxiety have returned with a vengeance, but i’m doing what I can to be kind to myself.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A new laptop. It will make my life much easier for a lot of things.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Nick’s, that boy is nothing short of amazing. My Bridesmaids, those amazing ladies kept me sane during the wedding planning process and I love them for it.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
That list is much too long and personal.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Wedding and bills.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Getting married and seeing all the people I love and adore.
16. What song will always remind you of 2016?
At last by Etta James.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
Happier, thinner and richer (in a number of ways)
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Practicing my craft (photography), reading more, learning more.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Being distracted, housework. Wasting time on things/people/places that didn’t really matter.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
I was in Ontario with my family & friends as I do every year and it’s always great 🙂
21. Did you fall in love in 2016?
Every single day. <3 Nick so very much
22. What was your favorite TV program?
How to get away with murder, so good!
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Yes. I wouldn’t go far as to say hate but more despise I think would be appropriate.
24. What was the best book you read?
Orange is the new black.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Sadly nothing, i’m a little out of the loop when it comes to music these days.
26. What did you want and get?
To marry my best friend and a beautiful honeymoon.
27. What did you want and not get?
For people to mind their own business when it comes to aspects of my life that have nothing to do with them.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 38 and had a quiet brunch with my hubby.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having better mental health. Winning the lottery.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2016?
Yoga pants, hoodies and t-shirts. I live for comfort.
32. What kept you sane?
-My friends, most of my family. I honestly don’t know what I would have done without them this year! I am so very fortunate to have such amazing people in my life!
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
35. Who did you miss?
The friends and family that are no longer here.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
I can’t pick just one, but I’ve met some really great people this year!
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2016.
That people are terribly petty and love to talk about you behind your back because they have nothing better to do with their time.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
“Have you ever looked fear in the face
And said I just don’t care?
And it’s only half past the point of no return
The tip of the iceberg
The sun before the burn
The thunder before the lightning
Breath before the phrase
Have you ever felt this way?”