Click on the first image to be taken to the gallery. Then you’ll have the previous/next options for optimal viewing.
Please spread this post like it’s herpes!
The one planet project. Check it out and educate yourself. Learning is important.
The Brian Gillman family This one is a little closer to home for me. I didn’t know Brian so much as I knew of him. He is however a dear friend of Barry. Barry being the founder of Anatometal, (where Brian also worked) is someone that I not only love/adore and respect but I also consider him one amazing friend as well. The one thing I love about modified culture is loyalty and Barry has certainly earned it. So that being said, my heart hurts. Not only for Barry, for Brian’s family that was left behind including his two young children Indigo & Violet. I knew the soul sucking heartache that I had when I found out about Jason, it was the first time that I had ever had to bury a friend and it rocked me to the core of a soul I didn’t even know that I had. I can not imagine having to go through such a traumatic loss as a child. Barry has set up an account for Brian’s children. Anatometal will match every single donation dollar for dollar.
Which I think is amazing.
When I get paid, i’ll be doing my part and making a donation on behalf of myself and NAYOP as well. I can’t do much, but I can at the very least do this. If you work in the modification industry and want to help out, here’s a flier that you can download and print out to be posted in your establishment:
On a final note of things that are important: The school that I work at, along with my company Stuff by Chef Steph (along with countless others) are supporting together is amazing. As I posted on my facebook page: “One thing I’ve noticed is how generous people are around Christmas when it comes to helping the less fortunate. What about now? Food banks are running on empty and as a Chef, I can’t let anyone starve. It goes against everything I stand for. It could be you who needs these services someday. Think about it!” The bottom line is this: someday you could be low on tangible income, unable to feed yourself or your family. It can happen to anyone, at anytime. If this was you and you needed these services, you would be pretty damn grateful for the kindness of others. Also? It’s a really easy way to give back to your community. Caroline wanted to point out this: At the bottom of the page, there is a video, for every view, Shaw will Donate 1$ and Campbell’s Canada will donate 1 pound of food to local Food Banks, up to $250,000 and 250,000 pounds.
So get off your ass and do something good for someone, somewhere. Pay it forward day should be everyday.
I have the most ridiculously random, yet totally awesome life EVER!
I hosted a day long fundraiser at my place yesterday to help out a friend. Started at 9am and ran until some obscure hour in the wee hours of the morning. It was by and large one of the Best. Saturday’s. Ever. It started out innocently enough, get up, get stuff done. Or so that was the plan at the very least.
So for those of you who missed it, here’s the highlights in no particular order with no back story included:
- My superintendent told me that I could get around the no lease clause of no dogs allowed YAY! Except right now I can’t but someday. Having your super think that you’re hot has it’s privileges.
- I got blatantly hit on by some 400lb dude who said it was totally OK if I was his stalker.
- Which led to me throwing up in my mouth a little and saying (after many drinks later) ‘Can you imagine me trying to have sex with that guy? I don’t think I could bear the weight of him being on top, I’m not flexible enough nor are my legs long enough to be on top and my knees are bad’ which if you were there, you’d get it & laugh because everyone else did. Fuck you if you think I’m being mean (because I admit that I totally was insensitive) because it was pretty damn funny if you were there.
- Got to meet some of my awesome neighbors which makes me feel damn good about this apartment. With the exception of having to meet one due to Jackson finding her poor cat on the road, who we invited over for drinks.
- Poor person’s cat who died? HOT! OMFG This is one of the hottest woman I have ever seen! Which also prompted me to say, after total inebriation: ‘ I’m mostly straight but I would totally tap that!’ I also totally would because she’s freaking hot!
- Headlocks were had.
- Boobs were groped.
- Pants were lost.
- Such comments like the back of your head NEEDS to be smooched in my boobs (yes that was me) were said.
- Filters and indoor voices became a thing of the past.
- Wine, rum & beer was bought, consumed and spilled.
- Smoking… Lot’s & lot’s of smoking.
- Lot’s of lesbians.
- Lewd and totally inappropriate comments were said. (Which if you know me is the norm, but when I’m that shitfaced it’s even worse)
- Tattoos were flashed.
- Cast members from Webdreams were met.
- The word naughty became one of the most used words of the evening.
- Smoking hot photo-shoots were planned.
- My friends wife ended up in my bed.
Day 09 – A picture of the person who has gotten you through the most.
My mom hands down. I love/admire and respect her so hard! She’s going to kill me for posting this picture, but she’ll still love me 😉