Well the year is almost over… There’s lots I could say to sum it up but to coin a phrase from Catlin “2009 for me was the absolute highest highs and the lowest lows. I experienced pure, unadulterated joy and rock bottom, brutal sadness. I felt about as angry as I ever have.” Hope she doesn’t mind, but in all honestly I really couldn’t have said it better myself! Brilliantly put Catlin, that’s all I have to say 🙂 Reading other people’s blogs has its advantages since it was Catlin that pointed out that Gillian answers a serious of questions every year after skimming through them I thought well you know, why not? So thank you Gillian for making this blog entry a little easier!
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Lots of things! Went to places I’ve never been before and more importantly became a little more true to myself. Oh and I went boxing day shopping with my mom & sister and didn’t buy a single hoodie! (I have a hoodie addiction) Seriously… You reading this Micheal lol. I actually bought girly attire… I gotta say though I do love that angora sweater 😉
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I haven’t bothered with them in years. I do however hope that 2010 is a whole lot better then 2009 was!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
not particularly close per say, but a few people I know are proud parents. However my best friend of 20+ years is pregnant 🙂
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
How about provinces? I went to Ontario as per the usual in the summer and just got back from Christmas there too.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
peace of mind!
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
September 3rd one of my best friends died and that day changed my life. RIP Jason, I love you!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Wow that’s a tough one. Can’t really say I actually have one which is kind of sad in a way but this year was full of so. much. fail.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not being there for someone when they needed me the most.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Well aside from the Advil overdose because of that epic tooth pain I had, the infection that followed which SUCKED not really. Injury’s well I hurt myself at work quite a bit but its rather minor in comparison.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A new computer (thanks mom <3)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills, the dentist, visa
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My tattoos! lol
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Can’t say I have one particular song in mind.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
Although I can’t totally recall how I felt this time last year I know due to circumstances that I am most certainly sadder, thinner and hands down a whole lot more poor too lol.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Been there more for my friends/family.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
procrastinated, stressed out, getting angry and less crying! Did far too much of that this year!
20. How did you spend Christmas?
I was in Ontario with my immediate family and it was awesome! I had a really good Christmas this year in the end.
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Family guy! Although I haven’t watched a lot of TV this year and I’m canceling the cable soon because of it.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
24. What was the best book you read?
I read so many good ones this year!
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Haven’t made any of those…
26. What did you want and get?
Tickets to Metallica! A new computer, a cat with thumbs, some beautiful tattoo work of course/
27. What did you want and not get?
Jason to be alive.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Didn’t see enough movies to even garner a proper response for that one.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 31… Had a small soiree with my friends at my apartment and it was fabulous!
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
not being in debt and being back in school already!
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
ha ha this year was a bit of a transformation of sorts. I’ve always been a jeans/t-shirt/hoodie girl. I still am but I have gotten more “girly” attire and started wearing heels! That’s a little crazy in itself!
32. What kept you sane?
My friends, I honestly don’t know what I would have done without them this year! I am so very fortunate to have such amazing people in my life!
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
That’s not my style, I could care less about that sort of thing.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
H1N1 Jesus Christ! All the hype and bullshit holy fuck!
35. Who did you miss?
Jason, my mom
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Define met, I can say who the best new person I’ve talked to but have yet to meet is. They already know that though and if they don’t well they should!
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
Life is short, too short!
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
He said each day’s a gift and not a given right
Leave no stone unturned, leave your fears behind
And try to take the path less traveled by
That first step you take is the longest stride
If today was your last day and tomorrow was too late
Could you say goodbye to yesterday?
Would you live each moment like your last
Leave old pictures in the past?
Donate every dime you had, if today was your last day?
What if, what if, if today was your last day?
Against the grain should be a way of life
What’s worth the price is always worth the fight
Every second counts ’cause there’s no second try
So live like you’re never living twice
Don’t take the free ride in your own life