I can’t recall if I did this last year or not and looking back at previous entries it almost makes me sad to think that the older I get, the more lame my life seems to become lol.
1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
I was able to say good-bye to a friend, finally. Went Mosaïcultures internationales, which was something extraordinary. Checked out nuit blanche, fete de neige, the Montreal ice hotel/village, was part of a live audience for a taping at a Just For Laughs gala, seen Debra DiGiovani (She’s hilar in real life, I promise). Celebrated a non smoking anniversary (one year baby, working on a second!). Seen pink in concert, not once but twice!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Here’s the thing about resolutions. We all make them and usually break them and feel like a total failure. Why do we always need to wait until the end of the year to write a new chapter? There’s 365 days in the damn year, own that shit! Write a new page every damn day. You don’t need to write a new chapter, sometimes all you need to write is a poem.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
This question always depresses me. I never get to go anywhere good because I am always, seemingly poor. I REALLY need to rectify this problem.
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
Ohh less stress, less debt, less housework!
7. What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I don’t know the exact date, but I know it was in Sept. Julie (Jason’s mom) was kind enough to send me some of Jason’s ashes and I was able to finally say goodbye to him. I finally found peace within my soul, something I had not had for a very long time.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Registering for school, putting a dent in my debt and doing the things i’ve been meaning to do.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not finding a better paying job.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing too major.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A sexy new camera for school.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Mine, because you know what? No one is going to celebrate you quite like you.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Someone’s mother, who shall remain nameless (not my own).
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills, concert tickets, stuff for school.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2013?
Anything by P!nk because I was fortunate to be able to see her twice.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
Happier, fatter and rich in some ways (non monetary) and poor when it comes to actual money
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Gone to see and do more when the weather was nice.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Ordered in. All this take out and extravagant eating is not helping my fat ass out any and it certainly isn’t helping my bank account.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my darling boyfriend for the first time since last year we couldn’t be together and my family in Ontario. It was awesome as usual.
21. Did you fall in love in 2013?
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Grey’s, two broke girls
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
24. What was the best book you read?
Ugh that’s a tough call, I read so many good one’s
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Oh I don’t know about that, nothing really stands out for me. Which is pretty sad in it’s own way.
26. What did you want and get?
A new camera (pro series)
27. What did you want and not get?
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Kick ass 2
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Went out with the boyfriends family and had a lovely dinner and got spoiled of course.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not being in debt.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Plain, casual with some more amped up color for a change. Although due to going out more, i’ve had to acquire more fancier attire.
32. What kept you sane?
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
People getting pissy in the US over healthcare.
35. Who did you miss?
My nanna and my best friend.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Sandra. Nick’s cousin, we just seem to get each other.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
That those who can take you for granted can and in fact will.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
No shade to crawl in underneath
I’ve got scars from a pocket knife
Where you carved your heart into me
If all you wanted was love
Why would you use me up
Cut me down, build a boat, and sail away
When all I wanted to be was your giving tree
Settle down, build a home, and make you happy?
I lie in the dead of night and I wonder
Whose covers you’re between
And it’s sad laying in his bed
You feel hollow, so you crawl home back to me
Well, I see a trail that starts
A line of broken hearts behind you
That lead you back to me
The once sad and lonely fool
With nothing left but roots to show, oh