I’m horrible at keeping up with my blog, life has changed A LOT and kept me 50 shades of stupid busy.
-But- I try to do at least this once a year. Even if some things rarely, if ever change throughout the year.
1. What did you do in 2014 that you’d never done before?
This list should be long but I’m drawing a blank. It hasn’t been an adventurous year due to a lack of resources but I try to make it a point to try new things.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I haven’t bothered with them in years.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not this year, pretty sure most of my loved one’s are done having babies.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, which is something I am thankful for. I did however loose a professor to suicide whom I had a deep respect for.
5. What countries did you visit?
Sadly I haven’t left Canada in a long, long time.
6. What would you like to have in 2015that you lacked in 2014?
Being able to communicate in French on a more functional level.
7. What dates from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
June 11th- The day I found out my dad had cancer.
June 13th- The day I got fired from my job.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting A’s in all but one of my classes.
9. What was your biggest failure?
A stupid C in illustration but that’s BS.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yes. Nothing too serious
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Camera gear 🙂
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Nick’s, that boy is nothing short of amazing.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My ex BIL along with a few other people who I shall not name.
14. Where did most of your money go?
School & camera gear.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
School actually. I’m really digging this whole university thing.
16. What song will always remind you of 2014?
Shake it off-Taylor Swift for no reason other than it’s a catchy song.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
I am mostly happier, fatter and richer in a non monetary way.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Practicing my craft (photography), reading more, learning more.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Being distracted, housework. Wasting time on things/people/places that didn’t really matter.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
I was in Ontario with my family & friends and it was awesome! I had an exceptional Christmas this year!
21. Did you fall in love in 2014?
Every single day. <3 Nick so very much
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Grey’s & The big bang theory
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Yes. I wouldn’t go far as to say hate but more despise I think would be appropriate.
24. What was the best book you read?
Composition: from snap shots to great shots.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Can’t say I have one of those.
26. What did you want and get?
More work done on my sleeve, which is now almost done!
A shiny new camera and time with the people I love the most.
27. What did you want and not get?
This year, oddly enough I have nothing to add here. It’s a good thing!
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Didn’t really watch a lot of movies this year. Especially one’s that one would consider new but I did see Dear White people with Nick and we both enjoyed it.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 36 and had a small, yet fun gathering with family.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not being in debt and being done school
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Yoga pants, hoodies and t-shirts. I live for comfort. Especially when I spend so much time taking pictures, editing and sitting in a classroom.
32. What kept you sane?
-My friends, most of my family. I honestly don’t know what I would have done without them this year! I am so very fortunate to have such amazing people in my life!
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
That’s not my style, I could care less about that sort of thing.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
This year I paid scant attention to politics period.
35. Who did you miss?
Jason as always. Nick when I’m on the road without him.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
I can’t pick just one, but I’ve met some really great people this year!
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014.
That people you thought you could trust can and will turn on you in an instant.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
“And he still gives his love, he just gives it away
The love he receives is the love that is saved
And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky
A human being that was given to fly”