I used to do these every year, it’s always interesting to take a look back on what you’ve done or perhaps have not done. 2018 was a lot of things for me, most people thought it was pretty terrible and that sucks. For me it was a mish mash of things. It sure as hell didn’t start off on the right foot for me. My mom had a ‘cardiac episode’ on January second and I honestly thought I was going to lose her. Thankfully she’s doing well, better than ever as a matter of fact.
My mental health took quite the downward spiral and I have finally decided to actually do something about it. Which I will save for another post.
I lost my job in September, which ended up being a gift/blessing in disguise in the grand scheme of things. I am currently exploring the world of self employment and school.
I’m currently nursing a sprained knee which is not how I was planning on spending my first day of 2019 but here we are. Without further ado:
- What did you do in 2018 that you’d never done before?
Travelled to the Maritimes and it was the most magical trip! We went to Nova Scotia, PEI and New Brunswick, all places that I/we have never been.
- Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I feel that new year’s resolutions are pointless. There’s no reason that anyone should wait until the new year to grow, change, be a better person etc. Everyday is an a new opportunity for change.
- Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not close to me per se but a lot of people in my social/social media circles have given birth to a bunch of beautiful babies!
- Did anyone close to you die?
Not this year, which is a nice change.
- What countries did you visit?
- What would you like to have in 2019 that you lacked in 2018?
Better focus, a better memory, less stress, more money, less bills.
- What dates from 2018 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? January 2nd, the day my mom had a heart attack.
- What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Seeking out professional help for my mental health.
- What was your biggest failure?
Letting toxic, useless people get the best of me.
- Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yes. My depression and anxiety reared their ugly head to the point that I truly thought I would have a nervous breakdown. I sprained my knee really bad coming home from Christmas and other assorted illnesses that I am sure no one wants to hear about ha ha.
- What was the best thing you bought?
That’s a tough one, it was nice to be able to spend money on myself for a change.
- Whose behavior merited celebration?
My amazing husband. He’s been my constant and no matter how messy life gets, he’s my rock.
- Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
That list is much too long and personal and I will not call out anyone here.
- Where did most of your money go?
Bills, travel and spoiling myself.
- What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Travelling to new places with the man I love.
- What song will always remind you of 2018? Honestly, I can’t think of one song in particular for this year.
What do you wish you’d done more of?
Practicing my craft (photography), reading more, learning more.
What do you wish you’d done less of?
Being distracted, housework. Wasting time on things/people/places that didn’t really matter.
How did you spend Christmas?
I was in Ontario with my family & friends as I do every year and it’s always great 🙂
Did you fall in love in 2018?
Every single day. <3 Nick so very much
What was your favorite TV program? Riverdale, Life in pieces, Big bang theory.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Yes. I wouldn’t go far as to say hate but more despise I think would be appropriate.
24. What was the best book you read?
Blood, bones and butter.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
So many, too many to list and by that I mean I can’t think of any off the top of my head ha ha.
26. What did you want and get?
To take some time off to figure myself out.
27. What did you want and not get?
For some people to mind their own business when it comes to aspects of my life that have nothing to do with them. For others to be humble.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I don’t watch a lot of movies, but I did enjoy the secret life of pets.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 40 and I had a lovely Breakfast at Tiffany’s themed brunch with family and friends.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having better mental health. Winning the lottery. witnessing karma as opposed to hearing about it second hand.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2018?
I don’t really have a fashion concept. I am making it a point to branch out a little bit. I don’t like to follow trends, but I like some things, therefore I indulged myself a little bit.
32. What kept you sane?
-My friends, most of my family. I honestly don’t know what I would have done without them this year! I am so very fortunate to have such amazing people in my life!
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
So many… Mostly the gross doings of 45.
35. Who did you miss?
The friends and family that are no longer here.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
I can’t pick just one, but I’ve met some really great people this year!
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2018.
That karma is GLORIOUS!
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
” But I’m not crazy, I’m just a little unwell
I know right now you can’t tell
But stay awhile and maybe then you’ll see
A different side of me
I’m not crazy, I’m just a little impaired
I know right now you don’t care
But soon enough you’re gonna think of me
And how I used to be.”