1. What did you do in 2015 that you’d never done before?
Went to a bunch of cities that I had never been to. Graduated from university. Went camping with Nick (not the first time camping of course, just the first time together). Took my first flight.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I haven’t bothered with them in years.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My cousin’s girlfriend gave birth to a beautiful baby girl.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes. My father passed away on Feb 28th.
5. What countries did you visit?
Sadly I haven’t left Canada in a long, long time.
6. What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015?
Being able to communicate in French on a more functional level. Be more focused.
7. What dates from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
February 28th. The day my father passed away.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Graduating university with honors.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not taking better care of myself.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yes. My depression and anxiety have returned with a vengeance, but i’m doing what I can to be kind to myself.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A signed print from my favorite artist.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Nick’s, that boy is nothing short of amazing.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
School & my wedding.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Planning my wedding 🙂
16. What song will always remind you of 2015?
Hozier, take me to church.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
I am mostly sadder, fatter and richer in a non monetary way.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Practicing my craft (photography), reading more, learning more.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Being distracted, housework. Wasting time on things/people/places that didn’t really matter.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
I was in Ontario with my family & friends and it was awesome! I had an exceptional Christmas this year!
21. Did you fall in love in 2015?
Every single day. <3 Nick so very much
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Grey’s & The big bang theory
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Yes. I wouldn’t go far as to say hate but more despise I think would be appropriate.
24. What was the best book you read?
I haven’t read much this year that merits any mention.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Can’t say I have one of those.
26. What did you want and get?
Time with the people I love the most.
27. What did you want and not get?
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Inside out and home.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 37 and had a small, yet fun gathering with family.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not being in debt and having better mental health.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Yoga pants, hoodies and t-shirts. I live for comfort. Especially when I spend so much time taking pictures, editing and sitting in a classroom.
32. What kept you sane?
-My friends, most of my family. I honestly don’t know what I would have done without them this year! I am so very fortunate to have such amazing people in my life!
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
That’s not my style, I could care less about that sort of thing.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
35. Who did you miss?
Jason as always. Nick when I’m on the road without him. My dad.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
I can’t pick just one, but I’ve met some really great people this year!
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2015.
That some people will stop at nothing to try and make you look bad.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Regrets collect like old friends
Here to relive your darkest moments
I can see no way, I can see no way
And all of the ghouls come out to play
And every demon wants his pound of flesh
But I like to keep some things to myself
I like to keep my issues drawn
It’s always darkest before the dawn
And I’ve been a fool and I’ve been blind
I can never leave the past behind
I can see no way, I can see no way
I’m always dragging that horse around